Saturday 28 June 2014

Exclusive Guest Post: Daniel Abbott interviews Leeds United stars with pictures.

Today I went with my Grandad to the opening of the newly refurbished Leeds United superstore at Elland Road to get my new all white strip for the coming season.

All the players were in the store along with the new Head Coach, Dave Hockaday, and his assistant Junior Lewis.

I got the chance to talk to some of the team and here are my exclusive interviews with the new boss and some of my favourite players:

I shook hands with Dave Hockaday and I asked him if he was going to play the long ball or the passing game. His reply was the one I was hoping for, he said: "The passing game."

Next, I spoke to our Captain Ross McCormack and I asked him how he felt when he heard that Brian McDermott had been sacked? He said: "That's football though isn't it lad. You are not wearing a wire are you."


I spoke to Sam Byram and I told him that my cousin Charlotte Seaman had a crush on him. Here is a picture of Charlotte meeting Sam.

I asked Matt Smith, what did it feel like to get sent off at Sheffield Wednesday last season and he replied "dreadful."

I saw Michael Tonge score a 25 yard volley at Sheffield Wednesday, the season before last and I asked him how he felt scoring that special goal? His reply was "Cracking, the best goal I have scored for Leeds."

When I asked Zac Thompson how he felt when he got a straight red card at Reading he was quick to assure me: "That's not how I play football normally."

I told Chris Dawson he was fast on the ball and I asked him if he was hoping to get a run in the team this season? He said: "Hopefully I will get a game."

Pictures above from the top: Daniel with Ross McCormack, Daniel in the new kit, Charlotte with Sam Byram. Pictures below from the top: Daniel with Matt Smith as Ross McCormack listens intently, Daniel chatting with Zac Thompson and Daniel listening to Chris Dawson.




No comments: