Tuesday 30 October 2012

Bye, bye Mr Chairman goodbye I’m in a coma with this TOMA

Over the years I have heard some excellent football songs but this new one by Mark Duffy Music is the best topical football song I have ever heard. 

Click here to hear the song. 

The song is about Leeds chairman Ken Bates and the impatience of fans waiting for him to sell up and clear off, which might in fact happen quite soon now. Rumours have it that the parties are gathered in Monacco to finally complete the sale to Dubai-based GFH Capital.  I just hope the chorus takes off at Elland Road later today when we face Southampton in the Capital One Cup.

Here are the words:

A long long time ago I can still remember how the football used to make me smile. 
And I knew if we had some luck we would soon be going up.
Maybe we‘d be happy for a while.
But the transfer window makes me shudder.
For Christ sake please don’t sell another.
Bad news on the website,
I can’t take no more shite.
I can’t remember if I cried when Norwich said your Captain’s signed.
Something touched me deep inside, it’s time to wave goodbye

Bye, bye Mr Chairman goodbye I’m in a coma with this TOMA*, there’s a tear in my eye, I’m sick and tired of you telling lies, it’s time for you to swallow your pride, time for you to wave goodbye.

Did you write the programme notes and have a go at us moron folks?
Did your conscience prick at all?
Do you believe in what you say?
Do loan deals really save the day?
Can you teach me how that cash really flows?
Well someone must be dipping in. There’s nothing in our transfer tin.
We just don’t like to lose. Man we’ve got those TOMA blues.
We used to be a top flight team and we were held in high esteem,
But we won’t let you kill our dream. It’s time to wave goodbye.

Bye, bye Mr Chairman goodbye I’m in a coma with this TOMA, there’s a tear in my eye, I’m sick and tired of you telling lies, it’s time for you to swallow your pride, time for you to wave goodbye.

For nearly eight years you have owned, our club, our hearts, and our collective souls.
But that’s not how it’s going to be.
Well LUST try hard to keep in touch but even they can’t take too much.
At least they keep their dignity.
So is the deal still going through? Please tell the truth I beg of you.
We just want brand new owners. So sign those papers won’t you?
While smaller clubs were going up we were losing in the Johnstone’s Cup.
It’s time to go so please sell up. It’s time to wave goodbye.

You’ve got me singing bye, bye Mr Chairman goodbye I’m in a coma with this TOMA, there’s a tear in my eye, I’m sick and tired of you telling lies, it’s time for you to swallow your pride, time for you to wave goodbye.

Oh bye, bye Mr Chairman goodbye I’m in a coma with this TOMA, there’s a tear in my eye, I’m sick and tired of you telling lies, it’s time for you to swallow your pride, time for you to wave goodbye.

*TOMA stands for Take Over My Ar*e.

No comments: