Thursday 27 May 2010

Ian Swales shows support for local schools

Within a fortnight of becoming Redcar’s new Member of Parliament, Ian Swales paid visits to Eston Park and St. Peter’s schools in Eston and South Bank. Both schools have been scheduled for closure and visiting the schools was high on the new MP’s list of priorities.

Ian Swales said, “I felt that it was important to meet with staff and find out more about the situation. I’ve had contact from staff, pupils and parents about the issue and I visited the schools to understand fully the concerns I am hearing

“I intend to find out the details of what will be happening to the previously agreed Building Schools for the Future (BSF) programme, under which these closures were taking place, and discuss with the council what any changes to BSF means for the future of these schools.”

No comments: